Saturday, March 30, 2013

Taking Charge


This week I had the opportunity to go to a company sponsored event, with breakout sessions lead by my peers.  One of those sessions stood out in particular.

The session was on success thinking.  I'll not mention any names, but this presentation was phenomenal!  My co-worker was well-prepared, passionate, and inspired me to set my own goals for success.

What I learned this week is I need to do more.  It's not enough just to be present, and be awesome at my job.  I need to take advantage of the things my company offers to further my development, and take charge of my career!  There's no waiting until my supervisor tells me I'm ready, I'm doing the work, and taking charge of my own career!  Online courses, online books, and college courses may be offered by your employer too!  Also consider a mentorship.

I wish you all could have seen this presentation, because it's impossible for me to express just what my presenter shared.  I would, however, encourage you to take charge of your own development, share your goals with your supervisor, your peers, and hold yourself accountable for reaching them!


3 comments:

  1. i love that quote, especially the part about listening to your inner voice. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the great post! I'm not sure if your under 200 followers but I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here --> http://www.diaryofasleepdeprivedmom.ca/2013/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I am in the process of applying for a Master's program, so I've not written as often as I like, but I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete