Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Making time


I think I first saw this quote about a year ago.  It was a year ago that I stopped making excuses.

A year ago yesterday I started making myself a priority.  A year ago I tried something new, a "magic shake" a friend of mine introduced me to, the Body by Vi Challenge.

I didn't think it would work, but I was miserable, and really needed to get healthy.  I was hanging on to some extra post-baby weight, having migraines almost daily, and the doctors couldn't figure me out.  Exercise and diet alone wasn't working, so I figured why not?  What did I have to lose?

Within six weeks my migraines were almost completely gone, and in 90 days I'd lost 20 lbs (more than my baby weight gained), gotten rid of post-pardum depression I didn't know I had.  I was feeling more energy, and finally felt more like myself again!  I began my first business out of the love of Vi, and what it did to help me.

I didn't have the time to run a business from home, nor did I want to take the time, but I felt like I owed it to myself and others to help to make a difference in the lives of the people I care about.  It wasn't really about the money, but about my passion for health.

Fast forward to November, my Vi business was slowing down a bit, and although I am still very much involved with The Challenge, I was looking for something fun!  A friend introduced me to Perfectly Posh, and I fell in love!

I have met so many fabulous women in my journey with Posh, and it's just getting started!  I love to make time for Posh because it's good for me, I have fun meeting other women passionate about feeling good, and I really enjoy having a night away from home.  I love my family, and I always feel guilty about being away from them, but I think it makes me a better wife and Mommy.

This post is getting longer than I'd planned, so I'll get to the point.

This year I've been focused on making time for what matters, including ME!  After learning I have gastroparesis, and healing up some torn ligaments in my foot, I'm getting back into my workout routine.  It's never easy, and I hate waking up early, but I love knowing no matter what, I've made time for me!  Even better, I love to see my results!

I'm home from work today with my poor little guy, who's had the terrible stomach flu for going on a week now.  There are a ton of things I should be doing, but I'm taking a little me time today.  Today I took the time to "Posh" myself- I love the tree hugger scrub and Sister I'm a Poet slather!  Just a little pampering can go a long way.  I woke up early and worked out, and unfortunately my little guy woke up sick...  So that meant he was headed straight to the tub, then cleanup, and my shower had to be delayed until naptime.  I felt so much better knowing I'd taken the time for myself, even if that meant a change of plans for my day.  I also took some time to make up some portable parties, a recruiting folder, and Evan "helped" by playing cars in his own little sample bag.  I found the time to snuggle and watch a movie with him, play cars, and do laundry.

Bottom line is I am making time for the things that matter.  I'd like to make the time to spend more time with my friends, date nights with my husband, and more playtime with my son.  Perfectly Posh has helped me to learn just how much you can fit in to a short time frame.  It doesn't take much time to whip up a few samples or make a quick fb post about the business.  At the same time, it's a ton of fun, and a great opportunity to make some extra money and meet some wonderful people.

Do you need a change?  Are you going to find a way?


No comments:

Post a Comment