Friday, March 15, 2013

Just slow down!



This week, every time I turn around, it seems like life is telling me to "SLOW DOWN!"

So I started thinking, can I actually accomplish more if I slow down, and make sure things are done right the first time?  How many times have you completed a task, only to realize a second later, CRAP!  I forgot to add X, or I sent this to the wrong place, or I misspelled someone's name?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a great multi-tasker.  As we speak, I'm watching Ridiculousness, checking my email, and glancing at Facebook updates, all while I somewhat hold a conversation with my husband.  That being said, am I really mastering any of these tasks?  Or doesn't it matter, because none of these require all of my concentration?

All I'm saying is this week, I tried not to stress about my to-do list, either at work or at home.  This week, I took an extra couple of seconds to double check my work, double check I have everything POSH for my Just Between Friends sale, double check I have correct addresses on invitations.  And do you know what?

I MADE LESS MISTAKES, AND WAS LESS STRESSED!

No magic here, just a little observation this week.  Surprises jumped up, like my toddler getting sick with the stomach flu, but I kept my cool.

I consider it a successful week!  Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment