Thursday, August 29, 2013

Plan B

Have you ever had a good, solid plan, and then something changes and you have to go with your plan B?  Maybe you planned for it, maybe you didn't, either way you have to change your plans?  Major plans?  Well that's what's happened to me in the past month or so.

gastroparesis

You may or may not know I have Gastroparesis.  It is a chronic illness that affects about 4% of the population, yet no one has heard about it.  There is no cure, no research, and not many treatment options.  It is an illness that affects my entire life, has changed my lifestyle, and now has forced me to take a leave of absence from work.

My plan was to continue to push through my work day, my Posh business, my Visalus business, the stress of a full time job and full time family, the family juggle, and to try to forget about the stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and exhaustion.  You guessed it, I couldn't keep up.  I had to slow down, and convince myself it's okay I'm not Superwoman.

Now, I've had to stop my Perfectly Posh home parties, and in taking a leave of absence from work I now have the time to better take care of myself.  My family seems happier, we fight less, and I'm sure I'm a happier person to live with.  My health isn't any better, however I'm taking the time to eat properly, exercise, and do research on my own about my illness and supplements that may help my symptoms.

I fear the financial and emotional aspects of a chronic illness, but the extra family time and smiles are priceless!  I plan to make the best of the situation, (and trust me, this isn't all sunshine and roses) enjoy the time with my family, and accept that, for now, I have gastroparesis.

If you like, follow along with me as I manage my illness and family life.  If you have any suggestions on money saving tips I'd love to hear them.  I'd also love to hear about nausea remedies, and other digestion aids that work for you.

For the one or two of you that may read this, thank you so much for your support!  I am so lucky to have the support of my family!

 This is so true take care of yourself, you deserve it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment